Interesting Facts About Kate Moss
- At 5 ft 6 in, Kate Moss is well-below the modelling industry standard minimum height of 5 ft 8 in.
- She has a daughter, Lila, who is 10 years old and the spitting image of her, but prettier. Her father is a magazine publisher.
- A £1.5 million hollow gold statue was made of her in 2008 for a museum exhibition. The statue was made by Marc Quinn, who described Moss as “the ideal beauty of the moment”. Three years earlier, a naked portrait of her was auctioned off at £3.95.
- She started off the “Heorin Chic” trend, as well as the waif look.
- She had to buy her own engagement ring because her rock star fiancé couldn’t afford it.
- She has featured on the cover of over 300 magazines, 32 of which were the British edition of Vogue.
- Her parents divorced when she was 13.
- She was scouted at the age of 14 by Sarah Doukas of the Storm Agency at the JFK airport while returning to England after a family holiday in the Bahamas.
- In the ’90s, she dated Johnny Depp and got engaged to him.
- she began drinking and smoking marijuana at the age of 12.
- In 1998, she went to a clinic in London to fight alcoholism.
- After being caught smoking cocaine in 2005, she lost many contracts with the likes of H&M. For drug rehab, she went to a clinic in Arizona.
- She has her own perfumes called Kate and Velvet Hour.
- She loves jam, and makes it herself.
- At the beginning of her modeling career, she hated her boobs; on one beach shoot, she made the hairdresser, who was the only man there, turn his back because she didn’t want him to see them.
- Manolo Blahnik made her blue-soled wedding shoes five times, just to make sure they were perfect.
- Her favorite food is fresh sardines, or so I have heard. Nevertheless, this makes sense considering how much time she spends vacationing in St.Tropez, the town in the South of France where my family has a house. Score!